MARY BETH HARRELL
FIRM FOUNDER AND SENIOR ATTORNEY
When you’ve been arrested and charged with a crime, you have a lot to lose. Most folks who walk into my office are scared and stressed out. They’re afraid of going back to jail, afraid of losing their job, losing their reputation, losing their professional license, losing their career, losing their marriage, losing their freedom, losing their home, losing their military career, or even losing their children. You could lose everything. I understand.
I’ve dedicated my legal career to defending my clients. I demand all the evidence. I investigate all the facts, the so-called witnesses and even the police officers. I make it my business to know the law. Cases can be won or lost before you even set foot inside the courtroom.
I have assembled a professional support team because I know what it takes to defend a case. My goal is to get your case dismissed or get the best deal possible for you, so you don’t lose what is most precious to you. I tell my clients that if they do what I tell them to, then I can keep them out of jail. That’s no empty boast.
I’ve practiced law in Texas for many years. I know the prosecutors and judges and police officers. Heck, I’ve served as a city prosecutor and an assistant district attorney, but to tell the truth my heart was never in it. However, I do know how they think and what’s important to them and I make that work for you. I know what it takes for them to try to prove a case beyond a reasonable doubt, so they win and you lose.
I have used those motions to get cases dismissed and to help me win a not guilty verdict at trial in the past.
Okay, if you really need to know, I’ll tell you a bit about myself. I wasn’t born in Texas, but I got here as fast I could – courtesy of the Army.
- I served as an Army wife and I am an Army mom
- My husband retired from the Army after serving for 23 years
- Our sons retired from the army and both of their wives served in the military
They’re married, they’ve been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan a few times. I know what today’s Army is all about and what’s at stake for those who serve – and their families.
I’ve helped save more than a few military careers by getting soldiers’ cases dismissed including: DWIs, family assaults, shoplifting, aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, possession of marijuana, etc. And I’ve won a few of those cases in trial too, also saving military careers.
So pick up the phone and call my office today. We’re here for you.
- Texas, 1998
- St. Mary’s University, JD, 1998
Professional Associations & Memberships
- State Bar of Texas, member, 1998 – Present
- Criminal Justice Section, 2001 - Present
- State Bar College, member, 2008 – Present
- Bell County Women's Bar Association, Founder, 2015 – Present
- Bell County Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, member, 2007 - Present
- Texas Criminal Defense Lawyers Association, member, 2000 – Present
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, member, 2015 - Present
- Coryell County Economic Development Board, President , 2014 - Present
- Texas Economic Development Council, Member, 2014 - Present
- Central Texas Council of Governments Development District, Board member, 2013 - Present
- Coryell County Economic Development Board, member, 2012 – Present
Publications & Conferences
- "Harrell Law Firm Contributing $1,000 In Scholarships To 2020 Five Hills Scholarship Pageant," Copperas Cove Leader Press, 2020
- "Serving the 1% - Defending Active Duty Military Members and Veterans in Bell County," Bell County Bar Association Bench Bar conference, 2019
- “Freedom Papers,” The Voice for the Defense, 2019
- “Successfully Suppressing a Search Warrant in Federal Court,” The Voice for the Defense, 2016
- “Don’t Be Afraid of Challenging the Show-up Identification,” The Voice for the Defense, 2016
- “A Place of Their Own,” TexAppeal Magazine, 2015
- Fundamentals of Wills and Probate Planning, ALTRUSA Seminar, 2014
- 5th Annual Central Texas Business Women Exposition, 2010
- 4th Annual Central Texas Business Women Exposition, 2009
- Mary Beth Harrell Wikipedia page
Honor & Awards